The Conference Room, the Department Library and Computer Workstations are provided for the benefit of all students in the Department.
Research students become an active part of the Recanati Institute for Maritime Studies (RIMS). As such, they are granted the opportunity to use the RIMS research facilities.
RIMS Marine Workshop
The Marine Workshop is located at the National Maritime Museum, near the sea.
The workshop provides technical support, including professional diving and field surveying, either from its base in Haifa or from its temporary coastal bases, for all field research conducted at the Department.
For more details regarding the marine workshop please contact
Sir Maurice and Lady Irene Hatter Laboratory for Coastal and Harbour Archaeology
The Elaine Recanati Marine Research Laboratories, include:
- Conservation Laboratory for Waterlogged Wood and Organic Materials
- Geology and Geomorphology Laboratory
- Marine Mammal Research Laboratory
- Microscope Laboratory
Other laboratories are:
- Laboratory of Marine Biology and Marine Resources
- Petrography Laboratory
- Restoration and Conservation Laboratory for Metals and Pottery
- Laboratory of Materials in Archaeology and Sedimentology
For more details regarding laboratory equipment please contact